Your Elf not only cooks, but also grocery shops for you. 👍
At Dinner Elf, we separate ingredients into two types: (1) groceries and (2) staples.
- Your Elf shops for these perishable items (e.g. eggs) en route to your home.
- You'll pay for the minimum purchase size (e.g. half dozen if 4 eggs are used).
- On your appointment page, give your Elf instructions for leftover groceries (e.g. 2 eggs).
- After your appointment, view their grocery receipt from your appointment page.
- Your Elf carries these shelf-stable items (e.g. vinegar) to multiple appointments.
- You'll pay for the amount used in the recipe (e.g. $.33 for vinegar).
- After your appointment, you'll see the itemized staples list from your appointment page.
You'll only pay what your Elf pays (no mark-up) with full transparency of ingredient costs. Learn more about billing.
💡If you'd like to supply any of your own ingredients, add a note on your appointment page by 5pm the night prior. You won't be charged for any ingredients you provide.
You can request premium/organic groceries.
On your appointment pages, update your organic groceries preference.
💡This preference applies to your entire order. If you only want organic for specific groceries (e.g. just chicken), choose "no" and add appointment notes on your appointment page.
Organic groceries notes
- At your request, your Elf will purchase organic ingredients whenever possible (best efforts).
- If an organic/premium ingredient is not available, a substitute (e.g. hormone-free, wild-caught) or non-organic version will be used.
- Staples are stocked by each Elf and are not typically organic.
- Your Elf shops at a regular grocery store (e.g. HEB, Kroger) for organic groceries unless you request a specific store (e.g. Whole Foods) within 3 miles/10 minutes of your home.