Allergies and special diets
We offer a variety of options for food allergies, special diets, and food requests.
Our number one concern is food safety.
- We can remove any ingredients.
- You can provide your own substitutes, but we cannot buy substitute items for allergens.
- You can request use of your own cooking tools.
TIP If you have a gluten allergy, order gluten-free dinners rather than regular dinners with substitutions.
Since your Elf is cooking just for you, you can flag your allergies in your profile.
- Good requests - Add extra salt, don't use whole wheat pasta
- Bad requests - Buy lobster instead of chicken, find walnuts that have been processed in a peanut-free facility
Click the i icon to see the full list of ingredients and quantities for any recipe.
We do not offer nutritional labels yet.
If you're concerned about cross-contact, we don't recommend using us.
- Elves use common kitchen tools and staples between homes.
- Some grocery items may have been processed in facilities where cross-contact with allergens could occur.
IMPORTANT If you have celiac disease, we don't recommend you use Dinner Elf.
Diets and filters
Use our filters to search by diets, cuisines, and more.
- Vegetarian - Our recipe planner is vegetarian, so we have lots of options :)
- Vegan - Select this option under our protein header.
- (G) Gluten free - Our gluten-free dinners may have cross-contamination.
- Whole30 - Dinners with the "W30" prefix comply with the rules of the Whole30 nutritional program. Get all of the unprocessed goodness without all the cooking!
- DASH diet - Dinners with the "DASH" prefix comply with the DASH diet.
- Paleo - All dinners in our Whole30 menu are paleo compliant.
- Kid-friendly - The founders of Dinner Elf have two very picky eaters (one is a pancake-atarian), so we've been creative to create a menu that works
- Dairy free - We don't have a filter yet, but see the ingredients list for any dinner
- Low carb - We don't have a filter yet, but see the ingredients list for any dinner
- Low sodium - We don't have a filter yet, but see the ingredients list for any dinner
Over time, we'll add more filters for other diets. Let us know what you'd like to see.